Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 3-5 BHS Program

5/28-5/30

I decided to blog about the 3 liquid days together. Of course I pick Memorial Day weekend to consume only liquid and maybe an egg or 2 each day. Surprisingly, the 3 days were not as bad as I thought. I enjoyed the lemon and grade A maple syrup mixture quite well. The mixture is 4 oz. fresh lemon juice, 4 oz. grade A maple syrup and 28 oz. distilled water. Since I workout more than the average person, I was allowed slightly more maple syrup to supplement calories. I added an extra 2 oz. per container. Each container was a total of 32 oz. of liquid. In addition to drinking 2-32 oz. bottles of, what I like to call "lemonade", I needed to drink 85 oz. of plain distilled water. I found I was not very hungry; I did, however, feel a need to chew on food. I was allowed 1 serving of either 1 chicken breast or 2 eggs each day for protein supplementation.

I felt great and my energy level sustained all day each day. I did notice I was a little drained by the end of the 3rd day though. I definitely got to know myself a little more. When there is no meal to make or dinner to conversate over, I found I wanted to do something; I needed to stay busy. I decided to keep my time occupied with my creative side. I have and art background (not a major one but some artistic experience) and I pulled out the ole' Berol Prismacolor pencils along with some charcoal and the sketchpads. It felt good to have time to draw and be creative, outside the box.

As of day 5 of the entire program, I am down 6.5 pounds! Let's see what the rest of the program holds. One question I have is, did I lose muscle mass? My check up assessment on Tuesday will display the results...stay tuned...

No comments: