Friday, May 28, 2010

BHS Program Day 2

5/27/10

I will be posting the previous day the following afternoon; today's blog is about my program yesterday and today's adventure will be posted tomorrow...you get the idea.

Another side note, I was asked a very good question yesterday by a member who is following a nutrition program put together by my registered dietitian, Stacey Frattinger. The member wanted to know if the program I am following is different than her nutrition program. The answer is yes, it is different and here is why:
  • BHS program does have side effects of weight loss but it's primary goal is to "detox" and help those who have addictions such as, caffeine, sugar, etc.
  • BHS also helps people figure out what foods might be aggravating their allergies by eating only "raw" foods instead of "processed" foods. Of course this means I am not allowed to eat my beloved Fage Greek yogurt for another 18 days since it is "processed".
  • Also, the BHS program helps each person resolve issues bought up during their assessment, i.e. I will be working on balancing hormones and stress levels which as a result, manages my Thyroid.
  • The nutrition program the member is following simply reduces her caloric intake and gives her a well managed food plan allowing her to lose unwanted weight. This plan works for most people looking just lose weight and get healthy.
  • The BHS program is a more aggressive approach to "getting healthy", probably used by those who have "tried everything".

OK, so now for the update about my BHS program adventure yesterday.

I ate at least 300 less calories than usual and felt great. I snacked on more veggies than normal and had a huge chicken salad for lunch. The one thing I noticed, I didn't crave my usual dark chocolate! I absolutely love dark chocolate but haven't had any cravings in the past few days. The only challenge I faced was I had a meeting after work that ran late. I did not eat dinner until 8:00p. I was VERY hungry when I got home. Other than that, I managed through the day very well.

When I blog about 5/28/10, the first day of the "Detox" juice only day, that will be interesting. A little sneak peak to that blog post, I am actually feeling great, so far (12:00p).....Stay tuned!

No comments: